WEEK 4 / WORKOUT WEDNESDAYS #TEAMSACHSTOUGH
By Lindsey Sachs
This week, I designed the #TEAMSACHSTOUGH workout to focus on injury prevention, and a variety of dynamic exercises that get the heartbeat on fire! Through my trail running training, I quickly realized how important it is to take time to focus on injury prevention in addition to general strength training. Even better, we're leveraging a few basic pieces of equipment from our home gym and our own body weight making it a stress-free, no-excuses allowed means to get a good workout in. Enjoy today's session with your partner in crime and adapt as need to your fitness level. Safety and proper form are essential!
Week 4 / 40 Minutes
Warm-Up / Focus on Hip Strength
- Lateral squat - 12x each side
- Walking forward lunges with diagonal reach - moving down and back across length of room with one arm touching the ground and the other fully extended up and gently back
- Glute bridge - 20x
Set #1 / Rotate for 3 Sets
- Partner exercise / back-to-back low squat with rotational pass - 10x each direction
- Use medicine ball to pass between you and your partner
- Push-ups with one-arm row - 15x
- Lindsey: 10 pound weight
- Chris: 20 pound weight
- Partner exercise / sit-up pass - 15x
- Place two mats in a row. Sit-up position with feet nearly touching one another.
- Pass a medicine ball to your partner at the top of the sit up. Full extension with arms overhead.
Set #2 / Rotate for 3 Sets
- Partner exercise / partner #1 - plank, partner #2 - dynamic jumps over your partners legs OR jump side to side over a medicine ball - 60 seconds
- Mountain climbers - 60 seconds
- Weighted squat in horse pose - 15x
- Lindsey: 10 pounts
- Chris: 20 pounds
- Side plank with weighted pull through - 60 seconds each side
See previous Workout Wednesday #TEAMSACHSTOUGH workouts below.