The St. Vrain Wedding Venue - Where Dreams Come True
Chris and I were highly anticipating Thursday, October 19, 2017 and the grand opening celebration of Longmont's newest and arguably the most charming and functional Boulder county wedding venue, the St. Vrain.
A long-time dream of husband and wife team Mark and Annie, the St. Vrain as you see it today, is a masterpiece blending historical building assets with modern elegance. In researching Boulder area wedding venues for one of our clients, the St. Vrain landed near the top of our list. That's when I called Annie to discover the behind-the-scenes of the making of St. Vrain and the incredible thoughtful planning that makes the St. Vrain a top venue pick for functionality, elegance, customization and total WOW factor.
The grand opening invitation noted "6:30 PM promptly please." Chris and I arrived at 6:25 PM to a growing room of fellow wedding professionals. We were greeted at the door by the kind staff of Longtucky Spirits, serving a "Blushing Bride" signature welcome cocktail. As we gandered through the top floor in awe of the many design details, all guests were asked to be seated in the ceremony space. Without seeing the "Reserved" signs, we accidentally sat in the front two rows and quickly moved. We later realized why it was a good thing we found other seats!
Annie, the proud owner, greeted the spirited crowd with her and Mark's personal story of the creation of the St. Vrain; a mix of total excitement, doubt, "what are we doing" moments and the swell of feelings that many fellow entrepreneurs in the room have no doubt felt at one time or another. In the spirit of the St. Vrain being their dream come true, we were quickly surprised to learn that we would be part of making a couple's dream come true. And then, a romantic video began playing showing the love story of Megan and Hunter. And then, the officiant walked down the aisle.
We found ourselves in a surprise, pop-up wedding celebrating Megan and Hunter in the company of their family, friends and surrounded by fellow wedding industry enthusiasts. The ceremony featured the most beautiful hand-written vows by the bride and groom. And after they were pronounced as the new "Mr. and Mrs." all guests were escorted downstairs for cocktail hour.
As we celebrated Megan and Hunter, we also caught an up close glimpse at the spacious basement level cocktail space, filled with cozy nooks and darling seating options - velvet couches, high top bar stools, and modern chairs. The space also opens up to an outdoor "stiletto-friendly" patio with lush green turf, and cafe lights overhead. Three side rooms include a groom-worthy suite with foosball table, a bridal suite and a "first look" suite housing a gorgeous green velvet couch.
After 30 minutes of mingling, all guests were escorted upstairs for dancing and dining. St. Vrain's in-house caterer, Sugar Pine Catering offered an impressive spread of decadent options - gourmet bruschettas, and shrimp pad thai in mini to-go boxes with chopsticks among our favorites! The Burroughs - Sweaty Soul Music amplified the energy of the crowd big time! What a talented, high class group, followed by TH Entertainment dropping the right tunes at the right time!
As we made new friends and felt honored to witness such a special event, we can't wait to collaborate with new and familliar vendors alike at an upcoming wedding celebration at the St. Vrain. Here are a few of our favorites for why this venue is a total stand out.
Our Top 5 St. Vrain Favorites
1. Modern elegance + functionality. At the St. Vrain, you don't need to compromise your desires for artful design and functionality. Leveraging an existing building and keeping the nostalgia, the St. Vrain was purposefully designed to create spaces that brides and grooms need on their wedding day. Separate bride and groom's suites, a private "first look" nook, lower level cocktail space with adjoining outdoor patio, private ceremony and a spacious reception area.
2. Inclusions. Highly requested decor items that couples often hope for are already included with your rental fee! Imagine, rustic pine farm-to-table style reception tables, cross-backed wooden chairs with cushions for the ceremony, choice of ceremony backdrop, crystal chandeliers in ceremony area, cafe market lights, your choice of votives and more!
3. Customization. At 250 guests on the high end, to a more intimate wedding of 50, the St. Vrain's flexible space allows customization for both large and small weddings. Decorative room dividers are on hand to help section the space to meet the needs of all couples no matter their guest size.
4. Heart and soul. This venue was designed for brides and grooms and is the heartbeat of why Annie and Mark have gone to such lengths to create this gorgeous venue. Planning your wedding with the St. Vrain will be a memorable and cherished experience. The people behind the St. Vrain care deeply about your wedding day.
5. Location. Tucked off historic Main Street in Longmont, the St. Vrain is conveniently located just 50 minutes from the Denver International Airport with close access to guest hotels, breweries, and dining.
A shout out to the following vendors for their creative additions to the celebration:
Planning / Brindle + Oak
Catering / Sugar Pine Catering
Photography / Sarah Hill
Videography / Canvas and Light
Ceremony Florals / A Fioraw
Reception Floral / Yonder
DJ / TH Entertainment
Band / The Burroughs
Booze / Longtucky and Wayattes Wet
Officiant / Wedlock Officiants
Dessert / La Moma
Photo Booth / Epic Fun Booth
Live Painting / Madeline Rose Designs
Rentals / All Events Rentals
Hair + Makeup / Ember Hair Stream
Scroll / Ink + Root